Apple Developers Account
In this article you’ll find everything you need to know about the Apple Developers Account.
Table of contents
To publish the app to the Apple store, your organisation will need an Apple Developers Account. Creating such an account will take about 30 minutes. Once created, Apple will approve the account within a few days. As soon as the account is approved, it can be used to publish apps. At this point, Eventinsight will need access to this account to publish the app on behalf of your organisation.
Create an Apple ID: https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create.
Use a seperate e-mail account (e.g. [email protected]). Do not use an address which contains the words ‘Grouplink’ or ‘Eventinsight’. This can create conflicts with our own Apple Store accounts, which can slow down the process.
After creating your Apple ID, two factor authentication will need to be enabled. You’ll need an Apple device for this (iPhone, iPad, MacBook, etc.) Follow the instructions provided on this page.
Sign up for an Apple Developers Account here: https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/. Use your Apple ID & D-U-N-S number (provided by us) for this. If you haven’t received a D-U-N-S number, you can request on this webpage.
Signing up for an Apple Developers Account is only completed when you’ve entered your credit card information, and Apple gives the following notice: ‘Your enrollment is being processed’.
Keep an eye on the e-mail address linked to the Apple ID. Any questions from Apple will be received here. When the enrollment process is completed, you’ll be mailed about this too.
Log in to https://developers.apple.com/ and accept the terms & conditions. For this, two-factor authentication will need to be active.
The Apple Developers Account is now active and can be used!
Granting account access
- Go to https://developers.apple.com and click on “Account” (top right of the screen) to log in.
- Fill in your username and password. You might need to insert a SMS code to continue (2-step verification).
- Click on “Appstore connect logo”
- Click on “Go to Appstore Connect”
- Click on the ‘plus’ sign to add a user.
- Select the roles displayed on the picture below. Make sure that Admin is checked under Roles, and Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles is checked under Developer Resources.
- Thank you! We will automatically receive an invitation for your account, and will start working on getting the app published!
Overview input values
|Developer Resources||Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles|